last week we made homemade cookies & cream ice cream. the kids were an absolute mess!
this week’s challenge was celebrating america. this is how we spent our 4th of july:
we spent the 4th with a relaxing day at home. mimi came over and gave ella a 4th of july pedicure. we spent the rest of the day smoking ribs, playing in the water, and lighting fireworks. ella wasn’t too fond of the smoking fireworks or the popping sounds. she opted to hang out inside while daddy & hudson let off the big ones.
- loves tomatoes.
- loves to video chat with gigi, papa, and cousin harper:
- loves to try on mommy’s shoes and jewelry (but doesn’t love that mommy likes to take pictures and doesn’t stop in between shots to show her the image).
- loves playing in the “sprinkles” but hates when water drips from her “swimsoup”.
- loves to play the “my mommy” game with hudson. (where they fight over who’s mommy i am as they cling to me).
- and quite possibly one of my favorite things that she does at the moment is say “rock you” before bed. as we sit down to rock she starts singing and wants you to sing with her. her favorites? ABC’s and you are my sunshine. i squeeze her tight, sing along, and soak these fleeting moments in.
- loves to dance:
- has basically taken over mommy’s ipad.
- is such a big helper. he loves to help me get the mail, help me cook dinner, help me water our garden, and help daddy mow: