dear hudson –
today you are three years and one month old. here is a little about you this month:
things you said:
- i just kidding.
- we saw a commercial about a little boy’s favorite things to do with his family so i asked you what your favorite thing is. you said “i like to swim, play, and jump with my family.” i said “swim?” and you said “yeah, in the ocean. we have a boat there. but where is the boat?” (we have no boat).
other things that i want to remember:
- naps are officially over with. we tried to compensate for an earlier bedtime, however, the one time we tried to put you to bed at 7:30pm you woke up at 6:15am. not fun!
- although you refuse to take naps it’s still painfully obvious sometimes that you need them. the number of meltdowns and “terrible threes” behavior have drastically increased.
- during ella’s naptime we relax on mommy’s bed and watch cartoons so that we don’t wake ella up. i do enjoy that special time with just you.
- you have really enjoyed being able to play outside in the warm weather with neighbors major, barrett, and ryker.
- one afternoon i pulled up to the school about 10 minutes early and watched you and your friends play on the playground. i started noticing one friend in particular…a little girl, madison. soon i noticed you holding hands and it became apparent that you have a girlfriend. i had to call daddy to have someone to laugh about it with. so, when you got home daddy asked you who your girlfriend was and you said “madison”.
- you know the following shapes: circle, square, triangle, and cylinder.
i love you little man. so much!