This time of year it begins…the sniffles, the runny noses, and the dreaded stomach flu. I normally try to do as much prevention as possibly by apply Thieves to my children before school and all of us taking vitamins and a probiotic. However, mama has gotten lax on the Thieves application lately. And lo and behold Ella came down with something yesterday. I keep the best essential oils for cold and flu on hand and wanted to share how we use them.
If you’re unfamiliar with Thieves let me explain a little bit about it. During the black plague robbers protected themselves from contracting the very contagious plague by rubbing themselves with spices, herbs, and oils. Thieves is a blend of antibacterial, antiviral, and anti fungal essential oils such as Lemon, Clove, Eucalyptus Radiate, Cinnamon, and Rosemary. It has been tested and has a kill rate of 99.96% of airborne bacteria. Thieves is a MUST HAVE in our home.
If you are sick:
- Thieves – Whenever one of us is sick I automatically diffuse Thieves in our home. This helps to clean the air and prevent the rest of us from getting sick. We also apply a couple of drops to the bottoms of our feet in the morning and before bed.
- Inner Defense – This is something I also keep on hand. It’s a capsule of Thieves, Oregano, Thyme, and Citronella. I take 3 times per day with meals when sick.
- RC – This is a go-to for colds, congestion, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, and more. It is a blend of Myrtle, Pine, Marjoram, Eucalyptus Globulus, Lavender, Cypress, Tsuga, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiate, and Eucalyptus Citridora. I like to dilute with V-6 or Coconut Oil, apply to my feet, and put socks on before bed.
- Digize – Digize is something we use when faced with stomach pain, indigestion, or upset stomach. It is a blend of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli. It seems to settle these issues very quickly! I have always applied it topically but some people find relief from nausea by dropping one drop underneath their tongue.
- Oregano – Oregano is a natural antibiotic. Some ingest but we dilute and rub on the bottoms of our feet.
Interested in these purchasing these oils? The best value is found when becoming a Young Living wholesale customer/distributor. You can find more information on the cost and instructions on my ESSENTIAL OILS post.
* These statements made in this post have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The products discussed are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. These are my opinions only and what we use personally in our home.