01. Homemade pickles — I had been complaining all summer that my cucumber plant wasn’t producing anything. And then, suddenly, within the last week I was able to harvest five cucumbers! So I made a batch of homemade pickles.
Here is the recipe I used:
1-1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
3/4 teaspoon dill seeds
2 cups hot water
2 pounds cucumbers
3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and dill seeds in a heatproof bowl. Add hot water and stir until sugar dissolves and liquid is clear. Cool to room temperature.
Place cucumbers, garlic, and dill in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour brine over all and turn to coat cucumbers. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to two weeks.
02. Formal dining room update — My husband bought me this console table for my birthday to help finish out the formal dining room. I still feel the styling needs tweaked (iPhone photos). Help Holly!
03. Workin on my fitness — I started working out again this week. Which means I most definitely need this outfit, right?
In all seriousness I am so sore that I can barely walk.
04. Craving fall — now that school is back in session for the big kids (mine still have a couple of weeks until their first day) and the end of pool season is in sight I am craving cooler temperatures, fall scents and decor, and fire pit nights. How yummy does this Apple Cider Sangria look?
05. Vlog — I posted my first vlog yesterday. For those of you that have vlogged before…isn’t it so hard to watch yourself? It makes me so uncomfortable! I hope the whole vlogging thing gets easier as I have committed to doing a Q&A series to get your questions answered!
Anyway, a fun and busy weekend for us here. Ashley’s bridal shower, a baseball game, and a roller derby bout. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!