This week I am linking up with Darci and her Five on Friday linkup.
Since working through Lara Casey’s Powersheets I have been focusing on doing more of what makes me happy. This week it was…
1. Picking up fresh flowers for myself while at the grocery store. White hydrangeas in mason jars throughout my home makes me happy.
2. The kids started summer Mother’s Day Out this week. Instead of marking things off of my to do list I carved some time out for me. I walked around the mall aimlessly perusing stores before meeting a new friend, Katie, for lunch.
3. Surprising the kids with lunch at “Chuck E Jesus” (as they call it). I smiled from ear to ear watching them do the Cha Cha Slide with Chuck E Cheese. They were in heaven.
4. Quality time with my husband. He lined up a sitter for a mid-week date which was much needed!
5. I had some accounting work to do for our business but instead of holing myself up in my office I took my laptop with me to lunch at Panera where I enjoyed a delicious Strawberry Poppyseed Salad and knocked some things out.
I’m learning that taking time out of my busy schedule to simply enjoy life is absolutely necessary! I hope you all have a great weekend.