I am a huge fan of Greek salads so when I spotted this Greek Salsa recipe on Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers and just knew I had to try it. We recently went to a birthday party for a new neighbor and thought this would be a perfect appetizer. I didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand so I put my own little spin on her dip. Once the flavors started to meld together it became even more delicious.
Needless to say it was a big hit and my husband has requested it multiple times since!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (Natalie's recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups diced plum tomatoes
- ¾ cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumbers
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- - 3-4 greek pepperocini, diced (her recipe calls for hot cherry peppers)
- Mix all ingredients. Serve immediately with pita chips.
If you don’t follow Natalie…you must. We have now tried several of the recipes featured on her blog (the Watermelon & Arugula Salad, the 7 Layer Greek Dip, the Korean Beef Tacos, and the Thai Green Curry Chicken) and we’ve loved all of them. I have pinned a few in my dinner & side dish Pinterest boards below: