Oven fajitas are one of our favorite meals to make at home. Even my picky eater Hudson enjoys them. We clean them up when on an Advocare cleanse or challenge by making them into bowls (layering chicken, peppers, and onions on top of black beans and brown rice) or wrapping them in lettuce.
This version of baking them in the oven is super easy and makes clean up a cinch!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper seeded and sliced (I used 2 to make the recipe go further)
- You can add a 15oz can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (I opted out)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next, add the peppers and onions to the dish (tomatoes as well if you choose) and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.