Strawberry poke cake is my absolutely favorite. My sister and I usually request it from our Mom every year on our birthdays. This year I thought I would test out a recipe for skinny strawberry poke cupcakes.
They are just as delicious as my mom’s cake version (with fewer calories). And having them in cupcake form helped me not feel like I needed to eat the entire pan. That really happened once…hence my need for skinny versions of food.
- Boxed white cake
- 12 oz Sprite Zero
- A box of Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
- Cool Whip Free
- 12 fresh strawberries with stems removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cupcake tins with wrappers. In a large bowl or mixer combine the boxed white cake and Sprite zero. Mix until the batter is free from lumps. Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into each cupcake wrapper. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (depending upon your oven). Let cupcakes completely cool.
- Boil 1 cup of water and stir in the Strawberry Jello. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Poke several holes into the top of the cupcake with a fork or a toothpick. Using a spoon pour the Strawberry Jello over the cupcakes. Place the cupcakes in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- Once set frost the cupcakes with the Cool Whip Free. Top with a fresh strawberry and enjoy!