It’s Christmas card season and you know what that means…time for new family photos. Today, I want to share with you what I chose for our 2013 family photos and give you some tips & tricks as to what is pleasing to the camera.
Tag Archives: Clothing
This week I am going to share some of my favorite find on Pinterest as of late. You can follow me HERE.
01. School Lunch Ideas – Painting Sunny did a week of lunch ideas which I got a lot of new ideas from. Check it out of you struggle with what to pack in your child’s lunch.
03. Printable Lunch Notes – Speaking of school lunches have you downloaded the free printable (and editable) school lunch notes I posted a few weeks ago? Click HERE to download.
03. Maxi for fall – I lived in maxi dresses this summer so I have been looking for a way to transition them into fall. I like this look with a simple fitted long sleeved sweater.
04. Halloween Chalkboard – Darci’s Trick or Treat chalk art is calling my name. Is it October already? I’m dying for jeans and boots, pumpkin patches, and cooler temps.
05. Painted pumpkins – Speaking of fall I am dying to do a fall craft. How cute are these painted pumpkins?
01. My kids started school this week. Although I am so excited for us to be back on a schedule again (and to have some alone time who am I kidding) it is a little bittersweet that my boy will be in Kindergarten next year. I’m hoping this year goes by really slowly.
02. Fall Chalkboard – I updated our chalkboard wall with some fall chalk art.
03. Candle Scents – I picked up these candles last month and started burning Sweather Weather this week. Love it! Pumpkin Carving also smells pretty amazing. But I still think it’s a bit too early for the pumpkin scents…it’s still 80-90 degrees here on a daily basis.
04. Pumpkin Spice Latte – I need to get my hands on one of these things before my 24 Day Challenge starts on Sunday.
05. Fall Clothing – I mentioned earlier in the week that I am on a Contentment Challenge which means no fun new fall clothing for me. However, I did create a Shop Your Closet Pinterest board that will help me re-create new outfits with pieces that I already have.
1. Tuesday was my birthday. It was definitely the birthday of bags. I said I wanted a new bag…and bags I got. A total of 3 of them. I opted out of the Louis Vuitton Speedy because I realized it didn’t come with a crossbody strap (and it voids the warranty if you use one). As a mom sometimes I just need to be hands free. So, I went with a different (and cheaper) option. The Marc by Marc Jacobs hobo.
I then spent my birthday perusing Utica Square (a local outdoor mall) and popped into the Gap. They were having a huge sale in Gap Kids (30% off all sale items — and all summer items like shorts, tops, and dresses were marked down to insane prices like $5.00). I wandered over to the women’s section and spotted this tote. I had seen it before but wasn’t willing to spend $50 on a tote bag that would most likely be taken to the pool. It was on sale for $17.49. Sold!
And then my girl, Ashley, surprised me with a monogrammed tote bag. I saw hers a couple of weeks ago and just had to know where she had gotten it…sneaky friend had gotten one for me as well. And she surprised me with peonies in a mason jar. She knows me far too well.
2. We are starting to plan a trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida. Ashley is tying the knot here in September — I am beyond excited. It’s been on my wishlist of places to visit for a very long time. Friends who have been there…do you have any suggestions for must see places, restaurants, etc?
3. My hubby ordered the console table I talked about last week as a birthday gift. So excited to put it in our formal dining and style it up! Here is what the room currently looks like (iPhone photo)…definitely needs something to the left and I think this table is just the ticket. My friend, Darci, also purchased the table last week. Check out how she’s using it here.
4. The guest speakers for the Making Things Happen conference I am attending in October were just announced. Can I just say that I squealed upon finding out that Rhiannon Bosse with Hey Gorgeous Events would be there. She attended Making Things Happen and swears it’s a game changer. And even more excited that Ashley from Fancy Ashley is attending. Can’t wait to be roomies. It’s going to be so much fun!
5. Speaking of Making Things Happen do you have Lara Casey’s Power Sheet set? They are back in stock and she is offering a free webinar (to those who have purchased the power sheets) on August 1st. Order now if you want to be a part of it. These sheets have helped me to figure out what matters most to me, how to balance my life and work, and how to take those baby steps towards making my dreams a reality. Highly recommend them!
Have a great weekend everyone!