When it comes to staying on track with eating clean meal prep is key! I do best when I have a fridge stocked with ready to go meals and snacks. It helps me to avoid pitfalls like the drive thru or packaged snacks.
Tag Archives: Recipes
01. Homemade pickles — I had been complaining all summer that my cucumber plant wasn’t producing anything. And then, suddenly, within the last week I was able to harvest five cucumbers! So I made a batch of homemade pickles.
Here is the recipe I used:
1-1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
3/4 teaspoon dill seeds
2 cups hot water
2 pounds cucumbers
3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds, and dill seeds in a heatproof bowl. Add hot water and stir until sugar dissolves and liquid is clear. Cool to room temperature.
Place cucumbers, garlic, and dill in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Pour brine over all and turn to coat cucumbers. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice. Transfer to an airtight container and store for up to two weeks.
02. Formal dining room update — My husband bought me this console table for my birthday to help finish out the formal dining room. I still feel the styling needs tweaked (iPhone photos). Help Holly!
03. Workin on my fitness — I started working out again this week. Which means I most definitely need this outfit, right?
In all seriousness I am so sore that I can barely walk.
04. Craving fall — now that school is back in session for the big kids (mine still have a couple of weeks until their first day) and the end of pool season is in sight I am craving cooler temperatures, fall scents and decor, and fire pit nights. How yummy does this Apple Cider Sangria look?
05. Vlog — I posted my first vlog yesterday. For those of you that have vlogged before…isn’t it so hard to watch yourself? It makes me so uncomfortable! I hope the whole vlogging thing gets easier as I have committed to doing a Q&A series to get your questions answered!
Anyway, a fun and busy weekend for us here. Ashley’s bridal shower, a baseball game, and a roller derby bout. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!
01. Cucumber Moscow Mule — In addition to buying a couple of copper mugs and the makings for Moscow Mules for my friends, Crystal and Dan, I bought a set for myself also. When browsing Pinterest for a recipe I came across this Cucumber Moscow Mule. Sounds pretty amazing to me!
01. Hashtag Note cards – I think this hashtag note card set from Ashley Brooke Designs is just #darling! Am also obsessed with her mugs. The “Everyday I’m Hustlin” is a favorite gift of mine to give.
03. Bridal Shower Planning – Ashley is getting married in less than 6 weeks. So the bridal shower planning is in full affect. I, along with a handful of her friends, are throwing her a brunch to celebrate. When I spotted this metallic dot burlap it had Ashley written all over it…and let’s be real it had me written all over it too. Can’t wait to see how we pull it all together to celebrate one of our favorite girls.
04. Rodan + Fields – My friend, Christy, sells Rodan and Fields. Have you heard about it? They are the doctors behind Proactive.
I have been hearing the wonders of the product line for some time and figured it’s high time that I start an anti-aging regimen. Let’s face it…I’m not getting any younger. This is not Christy but an image I spotted that I have been amazed by. The Reverse line helps to remove sun damage and take years off of your face. So excited to see how these products work for me.
05. Chalkboard Downloads – I recently came across this Amazing Grace chalkboard design that I love. A 24×36 sized download is only $9.99. I had it printed on canvas as a gift for my stepmom. I think chalkboard downloads are amazing. Some of my other favorites are Recipe for Crazy and J&Paper.
I hope you lovelies have a great weekend. I am off on a little adventure with my babes (read: a road trip to see family).