We went to a barbecue a few months ago and I made this spinach salad with strawberry, avocado, toasted almonds, and blue cheese and it was a hit. We’ve made it several times since and have added grilled chicken to it to make it a meal in itself.
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ sliced almonds, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- poppyseed dressing
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- pinch of dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing. Serve immediately.