Being a former photographer I love getting a disc of photos when I have my own family’s portraits taken. I like being able to access old files to reprint, make gifts out of, etc. I wanted to show you a few things that you can do with your disc of family photos as I am shocked at how many people get the disc and then never do anything with it.
One of my favorite things to do with our family photos is to create wall art for our home. There are a few different options when it comes to this:
- Canvas – the larger the better when it comes to canvas. Or consider clusters of smaller ones.
- Standouts – I love the 3 dimensional aspect of standouts, like canvas, however standouts are often cheaper.
- Frame large scale prints – It’s no secret that I love a good gallery wall. I have them throughout my home. I love that I can change out and update the prints from time to time. Check out this post on how I design and create gallery walls:
Albums are always a favorite for me too.
Make gifts with your images:
- Accordion Albums – I love these accordion minis to make as brag books for Grandparents.
- Image Boxes – Image boxes are fun because you can customize with your own images. For gifts, I like to pair with mounted prints inside. I like to store my yearly photos in these as well!
For gifts, I like to pair with mounted prints inside and a small easel. You can see that they are mounted on matboard which makes them stiff so that they can be displayed individually on an easel.
- Shutterfly also has a large selection of photo gifts for everyone in the family: