I am a planner by nature. I like to have my week planned out to save myself unnecessary stress of forgetting to do something important, clothes picked out to save drama in the mornings with my picky child, and meals ready to go to avoid the drive-thru.
I am sharing with you the things I like to do each week to make mornings easier and provide you with a printable (that you can edit to make work for you) to help you set yourself up for success:
I take time on the weekends to do these things and it’s made my hectic weekdays so much easier:
- I wash all of our sheets (nothing beats climbing into a bed with clean sheets).
- I lay out my clothes for the week and my kid’s clothes for the week. I started this with my kids to avoid the morning battle of what to wear. Ella, especially, helps me on Sundays by selecting her clothes for the week. We use these hanging organizers to separate clothes for each day. Everything from clothing, accessories, and undergarments goes into each spot so when their alarms go off each morning they can get up and dressed without any nagging from Mom. This makes for much more peaceful mornings in our house.
- I plan healthy meals for the week and order my groceries online via Wal-Mart Grocery. Such a time saver for Moms to do in our downtime.
- I hard boil a batch of eggs or do egg white muffins for some grab and go breakfast options.
- I will prepare healthy lunches for me for the week. I like to let the crockpot do the work for this one. Usually I will do a soup that I can put into individual containers or mason jar salads are another favorite.
- I bought a pill case to store my vitamins and supplements in for the week. Sounds like a simple task but not having to open up several pill bottles each morning shaves at least a few minutes off of my morning.
- And, finally, I sit down with my planner. I use this system to manage my task list and calendar. I consider my over all goals and prioritizing tasks that will get me closer over spending my days responding to emails and social media. When I don’t prioritize those large tasks I will stay busy all day and look back and really have gotten nothing accomplished. Lara Casey’s Power Sheets are wonderful tools to help with not only goal setting but breaking those things up into action steps.
Each night I…
- I pack my gym bag for the next day with my own work clothes, my water bottle, and make sure my wireless headphones are charged.
- I pack my work bag with my laptop and charger. So it’s ready to grab and go.
- I pack lunches for all and keep them in the fridge so they are also ready to grab and go.
You can download your own Setting Yourself Up For Success printable in the Archives below (editable in Microsoft Word or Google Docs).